We had the good fortune of connecting with Ant Morgan and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Ant, why did you decide to pursue a creative path?
1. God -This is the path God made for me. I’m doing his work through my art.
2. For myself
-This is what I’m supposed to do.
2. Freedom (Financial-freedom included)
-Feed up with big evil institutions using their racism, bias, and negative power to take advantage.
a. I’ve been on the wrong side of justice multiple times. From a racist University violating my rights, breaking contracts, and wrongfully expelling me.
b. A former director violated the employment contract to terminate me.
3. To inspire
-If my art inspires, I am grateful for that as well.
Alright, so let’s move onto what keeps you busy professionally?
what sets you apart from others, what you are most proud of or excited about.
1. Short and sweet.
Many of my pieces (aka poems) are short and sweet.
I move a lot when I perform.
3. I’m excited about TikTok, the internet, NFTs, marketing, and getting better in my craft.
How I got to where I am at?
1. God showed me the way.
I’m against big, evil, and corrupt organizations. I’ve been on the wrong side of justice/fairness from organizations, being wrongly expelled to improperly terminated.
I’ve decided to no longer be under anyone’s jurisdiction. God wants me to be independent, my authentic self, and free.
how did you overcome the challenges/lessons you’ve learned?
1. Be learning myself
I gain much self-knowledge, self-love, and self-awareness.
I believe we are lost without a plan. I credit planning to over 80% of my success.
What do you want the world to know about you or your brand and story?
1. My story is about winning and building yourself and the underdog triumph. Finding yourself and overcoming adversity.
2. I came from the bottom and rose to the top. We (my family and I) grew up in poverty. Many shelters. Living in a one-bedroom apartment with eight people residing.
3. Many incarcerations and big, evil corporations taking advantage because they had the money and power. But God plan is bigger!
4. I suffered from a lack of self-love, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thought. But God saved me. He gave me spoken word.
5. I now live the life I want to live. Waking up every day on my purpose and letting my work speak! To bring that successful vision God gave to me and to bring love and healing to the world through my art.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Prospect Park (in Brooklyn)
Richie Rich (Jamaican cuisine)
Japanese cuisine in Manhattan.
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
1. God 2. Self-help books and philosophy
3. My close family and friends