We had the good fortune of connecting with Kierstan Hernandez and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Kierstan, what role has risk played in your life or career?
– Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” – Romans 8:31 “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
Risk taking doesn’t have to be terrifying. Nor does it have to be a drag. It’s all in how you look at the risk in hand. I am a woman of faith and that helps when it comes to making any decisions on life.
God say’s he will never forsake you, so what do you have to really lose. I can’t speak for the World, but I can attest to my own testimony. Even at my lowest moments I’ve made it though. Wouldn’t you agree? I’m still trucking through life, giving an interview with Shoutout HTX and touching people I’ve never met before. Sounds like a win in my book.
We are all faced with risk on a daily basis. Each choice we make can be seen as a risk. But when we rationalize our choices or try to break them down, they then become more obtainable as a leap of faith.
Now it sound easier than it is. My journey with risk hasn’t always been this optimistic outlook on the voyage of my choices. It took having a caring and dependable support team of individuals who supported me no matter what. Encouraging me to persevere through the hard or confusing times.
Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly. We should be making mistakes and learning/growing from them. Some risk are meant to teach you just that. There will be unexpected turnouts, but walking by faith and not by sight will help you to overcome and come out triumphant. So live BOLD, take risk and who knows where God may take you.
Here’s to living our most fearless life.
Alright, so let’s move onto what keeps you busy professionally?
Itskierstan is a health and wellness mobile business. Where our goal is to build more cohesive communities through healthier choices in life. Before turning my passion for dance,fitness and education into a career path I once was a little girl with a big heart. For my Gold Award Project (Girl Scouts of America highest achievement) my mother and I organized a two day dance clinic where the proceeds went to the Women Shelter. Each child who participated in the event brought non-perishable items as their entry fee. This event was filled with ways to educate children on living a healthy lifestyle.
Since then Itskierstan has been in many different gyms like 24 Hour Fitness, YMCA, LifeTime and Equinox. Along with many different local dance studios and retirement clubs. My business is geared for all ages and all levels. Yup I said all ages from the itty bitty babies to our golden years of life. We all deserve a full and healthy life.
Some of the services offered with my business are listed below.
Dance & Fitness:
-Adult Group Classes
-Adult Private Lessons
-Virtual Classes (coming soon)
-Youth Classes & Private Lessons
Nothing worth having is ever easy, but the pay out of filling a purpose is worth every sweat, blood and tears! Keep pushing. Our dreams are all a diamond in the rough.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Houston is my hometown so we can get a lot done in a week. First we would drive around and just take in the the whole city. Grab a drink at Monkey’s Tail, then head to my family place for a great home meal.
1. Breakfast Club (breakfast)
2. Head to Houston Zoo & Museum of Natural Science
3. Whataburger (Lunch)
4. Go to Lifetime gym to get a good sweat in or chill by the pool.
5. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Dinner)
1. Kelley’s Country Kitchen (Breakfast)
2. Take a tour in the Hop-on-hop-off bus
3. Taco cabana (Lunch)
4. Galleria for some shopping
5. Pappas Bar-B-Q (Dinner)
6. Play some games at PacMan Fever
1. The Toasted Yolk Cafe (Breakfast)
2. Take a workout class at Equinox
3. Grab a smoothie at Jamba
4. Memorial City Mall for some ice skating
5. First Watch (Dinner)
1. Astor Farm To Market (Breakfast)
2. GO TO A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Whoever is playing at the time my friend comes.
3. Pepperonis for whenever we can grab something to eat
4. Take lots of instagramable photos
5. End the day with some yoga
Have a day where they tell me what they want to do.
1. Breakfast at my parent’s house
3. Turkey Leg Hut
4. A nap
5. Then our goodbyes or maybe time for MORE DRINKS!
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
My parents and significant other are a few people who deserve recognition in my story. Along with my prayer warriors (you know who you are) and the people I call family and friends. Without them my strength and courage would of already dissipated.