We had the good fortune of connecting with Serenity Taylor and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Serenity, do you have any habits that you feel contribute to your effectiveness?
When it comes to building a business in my personal experience as well as business expertise, the habits that helped me succeed were prayer and meditation daily, repeating affirmations, being consistent, disciplined, focused and driven, I also feel that you must gain habit of your beliefs in what you are doing. A habit of making sacrifices to see your dreams come into manifestation. In order to receive from God you MUST be willing to give something up. I believe in order to make income you must make an impact on someone else’s life. Habits formed also create discipline, so you must remove all the bad habits and replace them with good. Make a “habit” of being intentional and you can truly see yourself making things happen just as you dreamed.
What should our readers know about your business?
I’d like to start with sharing my mission. I believe in order for people to know, like and trust your brand, they must understand why you do what you do. My Mission is to help other Entrepreneurs to create, expand, brand, and market their business online through spiritual guidance. I teach, coach mentor and train revolving around Business Branding, Development, Marketing & Growth Strategies. With this being stated what sets me apart is being specific and intentional. I do NOT help anyone who doesn’t fit my target audience because it wouldn’t benefit them to be successful. This is what sets me apart. What I am most proud of is watching my Business grow over time because of what I envisioned. As a business owner we are always building so you don’t stop and just celebrate one accomplishment, you enjoy and keep striving for more. Of course it wasn’t easy however what is when you are striving for Greatness. I was able to overcome
things by choosing God to be the center of my life and direct my steps. The lessons I’ve learned along the way are:
- You can NOT help everyone.
- Be specific and Stay in your lane – Your Niche – Industry. ● Invest, Learn, Teach – Always remain a student.
- Personal development is necessary.
- Surround yourself with the right people to help you grow. ● Never Stop believing in YOU.
- Show Up Daily in your Business no matter what.
What I would like the world to know about me is that I am a woman who just decided to trust God and Believe in my dreams. Nothing else mattered. When I accepted my “Kingdom Occupation” I was all in. It’s no longer about me, it’s BIGGER than me. I am here to faithfully serve others as a representation of God, my fathers work. My advice is to understand that everyone will NOT see your vision on your life and it’s not up to you to make them. Shine bright and show your light to attract all that you desire. My brand is a reflection of all of this.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
It’s a lot of things to do here in Houston so for fun, great food and excitement these are a few of my suggestions:
- Painting With a Twist – Westheimer Location – Family and Friends
- Gyu Kaku – Downtown Houston – Great experience for Food, Drinks and Atmosphere
- Seven25 Bar & Lounge – NightLife – Live Band and Food
- Live Music Kemah Boardwalk – Motown Boat Cruise ● Krab Queenz – Westheimer – Food and Drinks
- Topgolf Houston – Family and Friends
- Lucky Strike Houston – Downtown – Family and Friends ● North Houston SkatePark – Family and Friends
- Discovery Green – Ice Skating
- Galleria Mall – Shopping
- Houston Premium Outlets – Shopping
There’s many more places however it would also solely depend on what they would like to do. But this is the start.
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
When it came to my support, mentorship, love and encouragement I have quite a few I can thank.
- Pamela Cooper – My mom – Who have now gone on to be with God.
- Walter Winston – Godmother – She supports me in everything through spiritual guidance.
- Danielle Dawson – Business Partner, Sistah in Christ and friend. ● BawseUp and Redefine you Tribe – My Accountability and mentorship group.
- My Entrepreneurial Sistah’s Tribe of Women who help each other by sharing our businesses.
- 1000Familes – My TLC -Total Life Changes Family The Book are:
- Coach Stormy Wellington – 9 Laws of Success
- Eric Worre – Go Pro
- Les Brown – You’ve Got to be Hungry
- Gloria Mayfield Banks – Quantum Leaps
- Believe In More – Jack Fallon
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure – Grant Cardone
- The Illusion of Money – Kyle Cease
Steven Dillard with Killshot Photography, Jo H. Golden with JGolden Photography