We had the good fortune of connecting with Marie Fletcher of Curves Klein West and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Marie, how do you think about risk?
Intentionally, unconsciously, planned, plotted, and often oblivious to; we are all forced into “risk’s” grip. Risks that are worth mentioning, that are meaningful, those with definite purpose in our lives that have roles. These are risks[no matter the measure] that play those major roles.
When we are taking these risks we are chancing the outcome. Often we are able to gauge what might happen, financial gains, life balances, accomplished goals but it is in those unknown results that surprise us and the role of risk is revealed.
By embracing these risks and placing my passion and love forefront in my decisions, it has proven failsafe. Now, don’t mistake the journey as defeat, go through it. Struggle and press on, always. Trusting in your gut and your God.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Being one of the most largest & diverse cities of the US, glad you gave us a full week.
1. Explore the downtown and midtown area. This boasts tons of hotels, history and must see architecture. Pop into a multitude of eclectic venues for brunch or happy hour. Ride the rail, and walk some. Lots of history and new to take in.
2. Museum district, Zoo, Interactive complexes. There are a ton of exhibits and festivals throughout the year. More options than time for.
3. Shopping. From Galleria, to Katy and Cypress outlets, to indoor malls, to flea markets, antique malls. You can even find little treasure spots like Harwin, Old Town Spring and The Woodlands Waterway that feature local|international artists and crafts in more quaint, picturesque settings.
4. Water. We have a plethora of water that caters to any desire. Ocean, lakes, rivers. Set sail for a day cruise off the gulf, ski or tube over Lake Houston or Lake Conroe. Rivers for floating and mudding and for those who rather man made fun; try out any amusement/water parks and splash pads galore.
5. Outdoors. Too many parks to list. Almost every side of the city has a park worth mentioning. If hiking, pet friendly, historic, outdoor theatres, or drive-ins are your dig; we have it!
6. Tapping into performances. Concerts, Musicals, Comedy shows, Professional and Personal Summits. Engulfing both professional and amateur realms. There is at least one of these said events on a weekly occurrence.
7. Food. This I list last but should be experienced each day of the visit. Find out the tastes your guests are craving; it’s here. I suggest talking with locals, immersing yourself in the culture and opening your mind to trying any and everything you can imagine. I could not begin to name off all the amazing eateries, whether breakfast, brunch\lunch, dinner, breweries, grills, fancy to food trucks, 24 hours, desserts, all of it. No doubt you can impress any level of foodie.
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
The 2 integral beings I have been blessed with by my side are my mother and love. Regarding the risk question, they have survived this mentality. One raised this “tree hugging, always in the clouds” woman and the other sticks by her, thick!
No doubt you can overcome hardships, but without their positions down my path; I am unsure I would be able to qualify those risks as successes. Cindy A Mize and Darwin D Wright.