We had the good fortune of connecting with Vanity Style and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Vanity, as a parent, what have you done for you children that you feel has had the most significant impact?
Visibly showing them the value(s) and benefit(s) of dedication, hard work and consistency. Leading by example.
Alright, so for those in our community who might not be familiar with your business, can you tell us more?
1. I am the owner of Vanity Style Boutique & Body Bar located in Houston Texas. I own a full service boutique and body bar (Vanity Body Bar). So, not only are we an elegant upscale boutique additionally, located right inside is our body bar where we offer multiple non-invasive body sculpting and contouring procedures as well as professional teeth whitening.
2. I believe what sets my boutique apart is the overall shopping experience. From the moment you walk in, the smell, the ambiance, the lighting and our top quality selection of women’s clothing is absolutely captivating. I have an amazing knowledgeable sales staff and we are literally a one stop shop for all of your beauty, body and fashion needs. We transform the inner and outer woman. I truly enjoy helping women look and feel their best!.
3. How did I get to where I am today…. Four words..Hard work, dedication, and consistency!! I think social media has somewhat glamorized owning your own business but what people dont see are the long hours, sleepless nights, sacrifices and the costly mistakes. It really takes dedication, hard work and commitment when you are building a reputable business/brand that you want to be around for generations.
4. Was it easy. Of course not. I think I cried more these last 6 years then I did in my entire life lol.
5. What do I look forward to: i look to seeing where I will be and how I’ve grown in the next 3 years…. even in the next year.
6. What lessons have I learned along the way…. Networking is very important and that I can not do everything myself. Building a team and hiring the right people is Essential to business success and growth.
7. How did I get to where I am today? Research and learning. I consider myself a life long learner. With that said, I am always researching and learning about not only fashion, but about the women who shop with me. Im learning new business trends and applying theory and practice. I am constantly collecting data about my business and using that data to move the business forward.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
Houston is such a big city and it’s so diverse. That’s one of the things I love love most about living and working here. There are so many restaurants and attractions and there is ALWAYS something to do. I think I would first take them to eat at one of the many amazing restaurants in the city. Houston loves to brunch! Maybe do some shopping (at Vanity of course) or the galleria mall. Maybe visit some of the local parks or outdoor attractions near downtown and later enjoy the Houston nightlife!
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
My Children! They are my biggest cheerleaders, my motivation and my greatest inspiration.
Instagram: Vanity4real, Vanity_curves and vanitybylbd
Yelp: Vanity Style Boutique